Our client is a software analytics provider, helping businesses manage their land-based assets with the use of sophisticated imagery and data. They are looking for a Crop Modeller to join their technology team in Oxfordshire.
Working on specific projects focused on the agriculture sector, including the development of crop models and design of data products for agricultural decision support services. You will be sourcing, developing and improving crop models relating to arable field crops and vegetables. Defining model data input requirements i.e. soil management, input and environmental data. Working with GIS/EO experts to relate modelled crop development to field and remote sensing measurements and defining data work flows / model algorithms ready for implementation into software.
- Degree educated in relevant biological or agricultural sciences / modelling
- Experience of arable crop physiology and application of crop growth models
- Knowledge of agriculture production processes and crop phenotyping
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK
- Experience of implementing computer models e.g. Matlab, R, C/C++, Visual Basic etc.
- Post-graduate (MSc/PhD) qualification and/or research experience
- Experience of working with data from satellites, UAVs and meteorological stations
- Understanding of GIS and Earth Observation concepts, such as projections, formats and experience of relevant software tools e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, ENVI
For more information please contact Steve on 0121 321 5872 or email@example.com